Big Steak Salad is a man’s kind of salad. With ribeye steak and onion straws, this salad isn’t just any salad.
Last year I felt like I was in a rut with my meal plans. We just kept having the same thing over and over again. I needed some inspiration to switch things up. I looked to The Pioneer Woman’s site for some new recipes. I planned a whole month of her recipes. We found a couple in there that we really liked. One was her corn & cheese chowder. The other was her Big Steak Salad. Of course I had to change it up a little bit. Her marinade and dressing are a bit spicier than mine.
I have made this recipe over and over again and I felt like it was time to share it with you rather than keep directing you to her blog. This salad has the onion straws on top that I shared with you already. The Hardworking Husband LOVES these. If there are any leftover from the salad, he gobbles them up.
- 2 ribeye steaks
- Onion straws
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 3 cloves garlic peeled
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- Lettuce Mix
- Blue cheese crumbles or feta cheese crumbles
- Toasted pecans or almonds
- In a pint jar, combine all the dressing/marinade ingredients in jar and shake to combine. Place in fridge for an hour for flavors to combine. Pour half the marinade over the steaks in a zip top bag. Place in fridge to marinade for at least 2 hours. Keep the other half for the dressing.
- Remove steaks from fridge and allow to come up to room temp. Cook steaks on grill or grill pan until medium rare. Remove from heat and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Slice steaks thinly against the grain.
- On each plate, add the salad mix, coarsely chopped tomatoes, pecans or almond, and cheese crumbles. Pour dressing over each salad. Toss to combine. Place sliced steak on top of salad. And top with onion straws. Enjoy
I buy the honey roasted almonds that are meant for salads.
Don’t forget to pin!