Chicken and Veggie Bake is a hearty casserole and a great way to sneak in chicken. This creamy casserole is great tasting and easy to make.
Since The Hardworking Husband doesn’t like chicken I’m always looking for chicken recipes to mix things up. Anything that has lots of flavors in it is great. I was looking around the Campbell’s Soup website and came across this recipe for Chicken and Veggie Bake.
Their recipe uses canned or precooked chicken and veggies. But I wanted fresh veggies and home cooked chicken. So my version of this recipe takes a little longer to make, but I had dinner ready in an hour. I used homemade cream of chicken condensed soup instead of the store bought.
- 1 large chicken breast
- 1 can cream of chicken soup or 1 cup Homemade Cream of Chicken Condensed Soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1 cup green beans
- 1 (2.8 oz) can french fried onions
- Heat olive oil in a skillet on medium. Slice chicken lengthwise about 1/4 inch. Season with your choice of seasoning and cook in skillet until done. Shred.
- Boil carrots until slightly tender, steam broccoli and green beans until slightly tender.
- In a medium bowl, mix chicken, veggies, soup, milk, and 1/2 of the onions. Pour into a 2 quart casserole.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Sprinkle remaining onions on top and bake another 5-10 minutes.
- As usual, I used Roasted Garlic, Rosemary & Sea Salt to season my chicken, but you can use season salt or your favorite seasoning.
Don’t forget to pin!