Like my Tater Tot Casserole, this is a meal I’ve been making for years for my family. I love that it’s a recipe that I usually have all the ingredients for in the pantry (or enough to make it work) and the beans in this recipe can easily be swapped out for ones you have or whatever beans you like best.
This recipe is also so quick and easy to throw together (20-30 mins). Plus it’s done entirely on the stovetop so no need to heat up the house with the oven.
The original recipe called this Cincinnati-Style Chili but we call it Chili Spaghetti. (And yes it has beans, even though my Texan husband would claim it isn’t chili if it has beans.)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 clove garlic diced
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 can can diced tomatoes
- 1 can kidney beans drained or black beans
- 1 pinto beans drained
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 2 T chili powder
- 1 14 oz pkg spaghetti cooked according to directions
- Cheddar Cheese to top optional
Brown beef with onion and garlic in dutch oven or deep skillet. Drain.
- Stir in tomatoes, beans, tomato sauce and chili powder.
- Cook uncovered over medium heat about ten minutes, stirring occasionally until sauce reaches desired consistency.
- Serve over hot spaghetti and top with cheese if desired.
Tip: I usually start the water for the pasta at the same time as I start browning the beef
What are your go-to recipes for family dinners around your house?
And if you are looking for more weeknight dinners, check these out.
Don’t forget to pin!