This is my second post about the salad supper that our church hosts every year. To read the first one that shows our great vintage centerpieces go here.
While the salad supper is a ton of fun and there is always a ton of food, my biggest food issue comes in to play. I absolutely HATE mayo and miracle whip. And most salads, other than green salads, have mayo.
|Seriously!! Look at all that food and that isn’t even all of it .|
- 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into small bite size pieces
- 1 teaspoon fajita seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon oil whatever you like
- 1/2 cup bell peppers diced (about 1/2 large bell pepper)
- 1 cup frozen corn thawed
- 1 can kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can pinto beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup salsa
- Juice from one lime
- Avocado to top optional
Season chicken with fajita seasoning and cook chicken in oil until almost done.
Add bell peppers and continue for a couple minutes or until chicken is done.
Drain off excess liquid and set aside.
In a bowl, combine corn, beans, salsa, and lime juice and stir.
Add chicken and peppers and stir again. Top with avocados if desired.
Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.