Fudgy Mint Squares are a delicious treat for the holidays! They’re also great for sharing!
I found this recipe many years ago, and they have become a favorite at our house. These fudgy mint squares are basically a brownie-type crust with a layer of minty cream cheese (kind of like cheese cake but thicker), topped with more delicious chocolate. They are delicious!
- 10 Tablespoons of Butter, divided
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3 eggs, divided
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract
- 4 drops green food coloring (optional)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and grease 13x9 pan.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt 8 Tbsp. butter with unsweetened chocolate.
- In a mixing bowl, beat 2 eggs, sugar and vanilla. Add the chocolate mixture and mix until blended.
- Slowly beat in the flour.
- Spread into pan, and bake 15-20 minutes until top is set.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining 2 Tbsp. butter.
- Add cornstarch and beat until smooth.
- Gradually beat in condensed milk and remaining 1 egg.
- Add peppermint extract and food coloring (if desired). Pour over crust.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until center is almost set.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine chocolate chips and whipping cream.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until chocolate chips are melted.
- Cool for 30 minutes or until lukewarm, stirring occasionally.
- Pour over cream cheese layer.
- Chill for 2 hours or until set before cutting.
This post is the start of our Christmas Desserts & Candies Series be sure to come back tomorrow and the rest of December for more Desserts & Candies! Also check out all our Christmas Posts in one place at our Homemade Christmas page.
Why not join us on Pinterest: Coffee With Us 3 or hangout with us on Facebook:
Check out our Link Parties.