Make dinner easy and delicious, with these Ritz Chicken Nuggets!
I’m always looking for easy dinners. While I love to bake, I just hate cooking dinner. I don’t know why, but figuring out what to cook for dinner night after night after night makes me crazy! So I’m always looking for simple dinners like these Ritz chicken nuggets.
I had a friend over the other day, and she mentioned Ritz chicken. I had never actually heard of it, so she told me that you just cover the chicken in sour cream and then roll it in crushed Ritz. Sounded easy enough.
I thought there might be more to the recipe than that, so I went to Pinterest. However, I couldn’t seem to find anything that used sour cream. So (as it was getting close to dinner), I just decided to go for it. I figured it needed some seasonings added, so I added a little oregano, garlic powder, salt and parmesan cheese, and it was wonderful!
I went with chicken nuggets instead of full breasts, mostly because it’s just easier with little kids, plus the cook time is less– which is great if you’re running behind on dinner!
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 sleeves Ritz crackers
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 C parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Chop chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Grease or spray a cookie sheet.
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Put sour cream in a bowl.
- In another bowl, crush Ritz crackers, and stir in garlic powder, oregano, salt, and parmesan.
- Take several pieces of chicken and dip them in the sour cream.
- Roll them in cracker mixture, and place them on the cookie sheet.
- Continue until all the chicken has been coated.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until chicken nuggets are fork-tender.
What are your favorite simple weeknight dinner recipes?
Don’t forget to pin!