I’ve been wanting to figure out a way to display the artwork my kids do for a while now. I thought up a lot of different ideas, but in the end they either cost too much or they were too much work. So the other day while I was walking through the dollar store, I came up with this idea for an art display that is simple, cheap, and low commitment (meaning, it only requires 3 small holes in the wall, so moving it isn’t a big deal).
What you will need:
- Picture hanging wire (I found this at Dollar Tree, $1 for 3 rolls, and it took maybe 1/4 of a roll)
- Eyelet screws (they carried these at the dollar store, but I wanted super skinny ones to leave as small a hole as possible, so I picked up a bag at Home Depot for a little over $1)
- Clothespins (Dollar Tree carried a package of 36 for $1)
- Craft paint or spray paint
1. If you want to, paint your clothespins. You can spray paint them, but I thought using craft paint would be easier, since they’re so small. I painted the back half of each clothespin, waited about 5 minutes and then painted the front end.