Part of the reason I went to Denver was to attend and help with a baby shower. My friend, Colorado BFF, that got married last June is having a baby in May. We all are so excited for them and their family. This is the first grandchild of her mother, Mile High Grandma. My mom has been here helping with quilting and sewing for the new baby. I have helped some with food. We have just had a marvelous time.
I always stock up on things I can’t get in my town in Idaho while I’m here. I must always stop at Panera to get bagels. And we went to the beer making supply store to get the rennet I need for my cheese making escapades. It was fun to take a pregnant woman in there and get looks. I also love some seasonings and salad dressing that TJ Maxx carries. I can’t find the flavors I like in our store anymore. But the big city stores always seem to have them.
We had a blast at the baby shower. Mile High Grandma did an amazing job on it. She had ordered a beautiful cake and made fantastic decorations. Below are pictures of the shower.
For food we had a walnut & cranberry salad, bruschetta, egg salad sandwiches, cucumber sandwiches, and ham & cheese sliders. Everyone really enjoyed them. I thought I’d share with you the recipes for the ham & cheese sliders and bruschetta.
- 1 lb sliced ham
- 1/2 lb sliced provolone
- 24 dinner rolls
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 Tbsp mustard
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire
- 1 Tbsp poppy seeds
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Slice dinner rolls. Place a slice of ham and a slice of provolone. Repeat until you have used all rolls.
- In a sauce pan, mix together butter, mustard, Worcestershire, poppy seeds, and brown sugar. Bring to a soft boil. Pour over rolls.
- Cover and bake in oven for 20 minutes. Enjoy.
- 4 tomatoes, chopped, Romas are the best
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 French bread baguette
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella
- Mix all ingredients except baguette, butter & mozzarella together in a bowl and allow to set for at least an hour.
- Slice baguette at an angle in pieces about 1/2 inch thick. Spread butter over one side of the bread. Place a slice of cheese on each slice of bread. Place in oven under broiler to melt cheese.
- Remove from oven and spoon tomato mixer on top and serve. Enjoy.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.