Baked Acorn Squash is an easy vegetable dish. With butter and brown sugar, it is slightly sweet, amazingly delicious and mostly healthy.
I have grown acorn squash in my garden every year since we bought our house. I haven’t gotten much out of my acorn squash plants in the past. One year one of the plants disappeared. It was the year the pumpkins took over. This year my plant looks great. I am hoping to get lots more out of it.
The Hardworking Husband loves acorn squash and that’s why I’ve kept planting them. When we first got married, I tried a lot of food I had never eaten. I wanted make things the HH liked and he liked a lot of food I’d never had. Some things I really liked like sweet potatoes and somethings I did not like brussel sprouts.
Acorn squash fell in the middle. So I grow them or try to and cook them for dinner occasionally. They are super easy to make.
Have you wondered how to cut an acorn squash?
Using a sharp chef’s knife, start at the stem and cut in half. You will want to use a cutting board that is non slip or put a gripping shelf liner under your cutting board to keep it from moving around. Once you cut the squash in half, scoop out the seed like you would a pumpkin.
What meat pairs well with acorn squash?
We eat acorn squash with a lot of different meats. Any of theses roasted chickens recipes would be great with it.
- 1 acorn squash
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut acorn squash in half top to bottom. (With the ribs)
- Scoop out seeds and throw away.
- Rub each half with 1/2 Tbsp butter and leave the remaining butter in the well of the squash.
- Sprinkle each half with 1/2 Tbsp brown sugar.
- Place in a small baking dish and fill about half way up the squash with water.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until fork tender.
- Remove from the oven and used a fork to break up meat of squash.
- Serve one half per person.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 129Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 56mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 5gSugar: 5gProtein: 1g
Don’t forget to pin!