Thursdays are our days to have pasta. I get tired of the same ole tomato sauce every Thursday. I decided to mix it up this month. We are having alfredo sauce. This sauce is rather versatile. You can use it with fettuccine, you can add chicken, you can use it with tortellini, you can pretty much have it with it whatever you want.
I found this recipe on The Pioneer Woman‘s site. I should have doubled it. I will give you the doubled recipe, but the pictures show it not doubled. It was barely enough sauce for the Hardworking Husband and I. Also she says to use butter, but I think next time I make it I will use olive oil.
In a large skillet, add olive oil to pan. Add minced garlic and cook for about a minute.
Add wine or chicken stock. (I buy small bottles of wine because I don’t drink wine and don’t want to waste a whole bottle for just a little.)
Let the wine or stock reduce for a couple minutes.
Add half & half and heavy cream. Grate Parmesan cheese while the sauce thickens.
Once the sauce has thickened, remove from heat and add Parmesan cheese.
- 6 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups white wine or chicken stock
- 1 cup half & half
- 6 Tbsp heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Add olive oil to large skillet. Add minced garlic to oil. Saute for about a minute.
- Add wine or stock and reduce for about 2 minutes. Add half & half and heavy cream.
- Cook until sauce thickens. Add grated Parmesan and stir until cheese has melted.
- Serve over whatever kind of pasta you'd like. Chicken goes well with this sauce as well.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Follow us on Pinterest: Coffee With Us 3
Check out our link parties here.
Linking up at Mouthwatering Mondays.