Asian Cabbage Salad with Mango is a great salad to take to get togethers especially when there are a lot of food restrictions. It is fast and easy to make.
I opened the newspaper today to find my favorite store’s ad. I pull it out and see Mangos are on sale. Woohoo! It’s mango season. Avocados were on sale as well which means I’m making Mango Salsa this week. But it’s a great time to share Asian Cabbage Salad with Mango with you also.
I asked on Facebook a little while back for a recipe that didn’t have cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, mayo, or avocado. It also couldn’t be spicy, a green salad or a fruit salad. You guys rose to the challenge. I decided to make an Asian salad. It was a big hit and met all the restrictions. And I have ideas for salads for future get togethers. And some ideas for salads for dinner here at home. Lena P suggested Taboulleh Salad. I had never heard of it, but upon looking it up decided I need to try it. It’s a bit adventurous for my extended family, but for The Hardworking Husband and I, it is perfect. I will have to share a recipe for that when I make it.
- 2 - 3 oz ramen noodles, smashed (season packet isn't needed)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 -16 oz bag colesaw mix
- 1 mango, diced
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp sesame oil
- pinch salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spread ramen noodles and almonds on sheet pan. Bake for 10 - 15 minutes until almonds start to turn brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- In a large mix together coleslaw, mango, green onions, ramen noodles and almonds.
- In a pint jar, mix together all ingredients of dressing. Shake to combine.
- Pour over salad.
If you are taking this salad to a party or get together, pour dressing over salad right before you serve it. It will keep the ramen noodles and almonds crunchy.
- DOWAN Ceramic Mixing Bowls/Serving Bowl Set
- New Star Foodservice 36893 Commercial 18-Gauge Aluminum Sheet Pan, 15 x 21 x 1 inch (Two Thirds size)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Don’t forget to pin!