One of our favorite meals that I’ve been making since just after we got married is Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf. Now this recipe is not healthy in any form or fashion. It has bacon and cheese. I don’t make it too often because of this. I try to make it a special treat. I made mini loafs for The Hardworking Husband for while I was visiting in Denver and for Dear Friend so she didn’t have to cook after having a baby. They turn out so cute!
When I made the meatloaf for them, I had a bit of a mishap. My oven quit working. The stovetop worked, the broiler worked, but the oven just wouldn’t heat up. Fortunately when we bought our house, the sellers paid for a home warranty for us. We only had to pay for a service call to have it fixed. I am so glad we had it. My oven is fixed and will be ready for me when I get home.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 10 slices bacon
- 8 oz shredded cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup ketchup plus enough to cover the top.
- 1 oz french fried onions 3 can
- Preheat oven to 350. In a skillet cook bacon. I cut up the bacon in small pieces and then cook it. But you could cook it and then crumble it. When cooked, place on a paper towel to drain.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients except french fried onions. Mix thoroughly. Place in a loaf pan or in 4 mini loaf pans. Spread ketchup over the top and bake for 40 minutes if using large loaf pan or 20 minutes for mini loaf pans.
- Then remove from oven and sprinkle french fried onions. Bake for another 10 - 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes. Enjoy.
Check out our link parties.