Baked Ziti is a great twist on lasagna. It has amazing flavor and has tons of cheese. It’s perfect served with garlic bread.
Recently Dear Friend and Little Thing moved in with us. We don’t know what this adventure will hold. But so far it has been good. Dear Friend has help with Little Thing and I have help keeping the house clean. Having someone to do the dishes after I’ve made dinner or canned something is fantastic. Sometimes I feel bad for the giant mess I’ve made, but it hasn’t stopped me yet. It was also great to have someone here while we are away. I don’t worry that no one is watching the house. Dear Friend is becoming more dear and we are enjoying having them here.
One of the things that I made recently that I made a giant mess is Baked Ziti. It is one of my favorite meals to eat in the fall. I like that it is a twist on lasagna. And I think a little easier because I don’t have to lay out the noodles after cooking them. Yet, you still get a layered effect.
This recipe uses the spaghetti sauce that I showed you how to can earlier this week.
- 1 lb ziti or penne
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 jars spaghetti sauce, 26oz
- 6 - 8 slices provolone
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups mozzarella, shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesan, shredded
- Cook pasta according to box directions.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef with onions.
- Once ground beef is brown add both jars of spaghetti sauce. Cook until sauce is heated.
- In a 9 x 13 pan, layer 1/2 the pasta, slices of provolone, sour cream, 1/2 the meat sauce, the remaining pasta, mozzarella, remaining meat sauce, parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until cheeses are melted.
Our store does not carry ziti. I use penne instead. It works perfectly.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 796 Total Fat: 45g Saturated Fat: 22g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 16g Cholesterol: 153mg Sodium: 1349mg Carbohydrates: 48g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 11g Protein: 48g
Don’t forget to pin!