These Banana Streusel Muffins are perfect for a snack or an on-the-go breakfast!
My family loves muffins. We eat muffins all the time. I enjoy baking, and muffins seem like a decent snack for the family to munch on, so it works well. If you need to eat breakfast on the go, muffins can be a great choice, as well!
We often have muffins with plain yogurt, and this breakfast keeps our family filled and fueled until lunchtime!
One of our favorite muffin recipes is Banana Streusel Muffins, which are a great use for leftover bananas. These muffins are like banana bread in cupcake form, but with none of the cupcake guilt!
Major tip: The streusel topping really takes these banana muffins from good to amazing, so don’t skip it! Trust me, it’s worth the couple extra calories!
If you have kids in your house, put them to work mashing bananas. It’s basically fail proof, and they will feel like they’ve contributed to the making of the muffins, and therefore they will be so much more excited to eat them!
For more tips on having kids in your kitchen, check out my post on the subject. My kids love to help in the kitchen, and they even made pizza mostly by themselves last week (and they are 5 and almost 7). I always do the actual putting items in the oven, but they are pretty capable with the rest!
Guys, I have to share this awesome pan I got with you! It’s a muffin pan that lets you bake 24 muffins at one time!
My oven doesn’t have quite enough room for 2 regular muffin pans next to each other, so I typically prop one edge over the other, and then end up with one row of muffins that are stuck to the side of the pan. That, or I have to wait for one pan to bake before I can bake the second.
But no more! I love this pan, and you know that if Wilton makes it, it’s nice thick metal that’s super strong and amazing. I’ve been using mine a lot for at least 2 years, and it still looks like new!
For the Streusel topping
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
For the Muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3-4 bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- Grease or line muffin pan with paper liners, and preheat oven to 400º.
- In a small bowl stir together flour and brown sugar for streusel. Cut in butter until mixture resembles bread crumbs. Stir in nuts.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture.
- In a medium bowl, mash bananas. Beat in eggs with a fork, then stir in sugar and oil.
- Pour egg mixture into the well in the flour. Stir until moistened.
- Divide batter between muffin cups. Top with 1 Tbsp. streusel topping. Using the back of a spoon, lightly press streusel into muffin batter.
- Bake 15-18 minutes, until tops are golden brown.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to finish cooling.
If you love muffins, here are some more delicious muffin recipes you’ll want to try for breakfast!
Don’t forget to pin!