Big Steak Salad is a man’s kind of salad. With ribeye steak and onion straws, this salad isn’t just any salad.
Last year I felt like I was in a rut with my meal plans. We just kept having the same thing over and over again. I needed some inspiration to switch things up. I looked to The Pioneer Woman’s site for some new recipes. I planned a whole month of her recipes. We found a couple in there that we really liked. One was her corn & cheese chowder. The other was her Big Steak Salad. Of course I had to change it up a little bit. Her marinade and dressing are a bit spicier than mine.
I have made this recipe over and over again and I felt like it was time to share it with you rather than keep directing you to her blog. This salad has the onion straws on top that I shared with you already. The Hardworking Husband LOVES these. If there are any leftover from the salad, he gobbles them up.
- 2 ribeye steaks
- Onion straws
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- Lettuce Mix
- Toasted pecans or almonds
- Blue cheese crumbles or feta cheese crumbles
- In a pint jar, combine all the dressing/marinade ingredients in jar and shake to combine.
- Place in fridge for an hour for flavors to combine.
- Pour half the marinade over the steaks in a zip top bag.
- Place in fridge to marinade for at least 2 hours. Keep the other half for the dressing.
- Remove steaks from fridge and allow to come up to room temp.
- Cook steaks on grill or grill pan until medium rare.
- Remove from heat and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice steaks thinly against the grain.
- On each plate, add the salad mix, coarsely chopped tomatoes, pecans or almond, and cheese crumbles.
- Pour dressing over each salad. Toss to combine.
- Place sliced steak on top of salad.
- And top with onion straws.
I buy the honey roasted almonds that are meant for salads.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Don’t forget to pin!