I told you last week in my Freezable Peach Pie Filling post, that I got to go pick a bunch a blackberries a few weeks ago. You may have also see the picture of Jet covered in berry juice from helping me pick them that I shared on Twitter.
I couldn’t seem to decide what to make with these and they sat in my fridge for several days. I kept looking on Pinterest for recipes and almost every recipe I liked used blackberry jam which led me to come up with my Thirty-Second Blackberry Jam.
I was all set to make one of those Pinterest recipes when Jamie mentioned on Facebook that they had chocolate chip pancakes for dinner. Pancakes sounded so good and my children love pancakes! So I decided to make Blackberry Pancakes. I’m freezing the rest of the blackberries to try out one of those Pinterest recipes after vacation.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup milk, + 1-3 Tablespoons as needed
- 1/3 cup blackberries, chopped
- Mix dry ingredients together and set aside.
- Beat eggs slightly and beat in melted butter and milk. Blend egg mixture with flour mixture, but do not over beat. If too thick, add additional milk.
- Fold in blackberries.
- Cook in hot skillet over medium heat. Spoon a little less than 1/4 cup for each pancakes and flip with bubbles start to form on sides.
These had a tendency to burn if not watched closely.
Serve with blackberry jam or syrup or both. I preferred them with both. YUM! Also you could try them with Jamie’s Homemade Creamy Maple Syrup.
Check out our link parties here.
Linking up at Weekend Potluck.