The classic sandwich in salad form. BLT Salad is kid-approved!
There’s something so satisfying about a good BLT sandwich, so I figured that the combination of flavors would be just as delicious in salad form. I made this salad for my family, as well as my parents, and we all enjoyed it!
Tips for making BLT Salad
This BLT salad turns out best with fresh produce, especially with homegrown tomatoes. If you’ve only ever had tomatoes from the grocery store, you really must try growing them to taste the difference. They take this salad from good to amazing.
You can cook your bacon while you throw the rest of the salad together by using our post on the easiest way to cook bacon.
Make sure that you add the croutons just before serving. If you won’t be serving this BLT salad until a few hours after making it, just keep the croutons separate, or they’ll get soggy.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 lb. cooked bacon, crumbled or chopped
- 1 1/2 lbs. tomato, chopped
- 1 cup croutons
- In a salad bowl, whisk together mayo, pepper, salt, and milk.
- Add lettuce and bacon and stir to cover.
- Fold in tomatoes.
- Add croutons just before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- OXO Good Grips Salad Spinner
- Lipper International 286 Cherry Finished Salad Servers, 12" Long, One Pair
- Bamboo Salad Serving Bowl Set with Lid and Utensils - Cute Wooden Bowl with Cutting Board Cover and Servers for Salads, Pasta, Fruit, Side Dishes - Eco-friendly, BPA-Free - Great For Parties, Picnics
Don’t forget to pin!