Blueberry Banana bread is a moist & delicious quick bread. It’s also packed with flavor & is super easy to whip up & throw into the oven.
I love quick breads. I love not having to mess with yeast & I love all the yummy flavor packed into a loaf of bread. I’m especially fond of quick bread with fruit! My Lemon Berry Greek Yogurt bread is one of my all time favorite breads.
Knowing how much we enjoyed that bread, I knew we would love blueberry bread. And I know the blueberry & banana combination would be yummy as I eat it in smoothies often and I have put them together in my Blueberry Banana Hand Pies a couple summers ago.
I was very pleased with how this bread turned out. It was moist, full of blueberry & banana flavor & was really easy to whip up. The only hard part was enduring the amazing smell until we could pull them out of the oven and slice them up!
The whole family really enjoyed this Blueberry Banana Bread from my kids to my mom. In fact, my mom said I could give her a loaf of that anytime. I guess I better get to baking some more up!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup chopped pecans, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease two loaf pans or 4 mini loaf pans.
- Cream butter & sugar together. Add eggs & beat.
- Blend in bananas, vanilla, & milk.
- Add dry ingredients and stir. Add blueberries & nuts.
- Divide batter between the pans and bake for 45-50 (35 minutes for mini loaf pans) or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
In the top of your bread (or edges) begin to get too dark brown before your bread is done, cover with foil for remainder of cooking time.
Do you love quick breads? What’s your favorite kind?
Don’t forget to pin!