Blueberry Cobbler Ice Cream is a delicious twist on some of our favorite summer treats. The bits of cobbler topping in this ice cream make it superb.
If you’ve been following our blog very long, you know that The Hardworking Husband loves Blueberry Pie. He also loves vanilla ice cream. But I love cobbler. So I thought I’d mix all three and make Blueberry Cobbler Ice Cream.
I cannot tell you how much I love this ice cream. I love the bits of crust. I am not a huge blueberry pie or cobbler fan. I’ll take lots of other cobblers. But I really like the Blueberry Cobbler in the vanilla ice cream.
To make this ice cream, you will need to make Blueberry Cobbler first. The recipe was posted earlier today.
Blueberry Cobbler Ice Cream
- 3/4 batch Blueberry Cobbler
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 large eggs
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, mix together sugar, salt, milk & cream. Heat until steaming.
- In a medium bowl, lightly beat eggs.
- Once milk mixture is heated, slowly pour 4 cups of the milk mixture into the eggs one cup at a time while whisking. This tempers the eggs and prevents them from scrambling.
- Pour egg mixture back into the remaining milk mixture. Heat on medium high for about 3 minutes or until thickened.
- Pour into ice cream mixture into canister of the ice cream maker. It will only be half full. Place dasher inside and lid on top. Chill in refrigerator until chilled or overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator and freeze according to the ice cream maker directions.
- When ice cream is just about done, scoop 3/4 of the blueberry cobbler into canister with ice cream. Finish freezing.
- Place canister in freezer for ice cream to be more solid.
Make Blueberry Cobbler ahead of time and allow to completely cool.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Looking for more delicious recipes to make in your ice cream maker? Check these out!
Why not join us on Pinterest: Coffee With Us 3 or hangout with us on Facebook:
Check out our link parties.
Linking up to Menu Plan Monday and Weekend Potluck.
Don’t forget to pin!
Monday 2nd of July 2018
I would make blueberry cobbler if I had this machine :)
Blueberry Cobbler | Coffee With Us 3
Monday 2nd of July 2018
[…] used this recipe to make Blueberry Cobbler Ice Cream. It was even more […]