|Canned biscuits, a muffin tin, and yummy filling/topping is all you need|
for this amazingly tasty and easy breakfast.
This whole recipe journey started out with a big Pinterest FAIL. I had seen this pin in which the lady used Greek yogurt and flour dough to make sandwich wraps. I had the brilliant horrible idea to try it out, thinking it would make a good breakfast if you filled it with cream cheese, berries or other yummy goodies.
Well when I tired it, I couldn’t get the dough to roll very flat or round. So I decided to stick it in a muffin tin and top the dough with nutella, bananas, cream cheese, etc. I tried several different kinds. They came out looking alright but not tasting so great at all. Even the ones covered in nutella ended up in the trash (so you can tell how great they weren’t!).
Now this dough might work great for other stuff but apparently it was not made for breakfast! It also was not easy to work with and since I’m a very lazy breakfast maker, hard was not was I was looking for. (And that would be why I only make my Breakfast Tacos for dinner even though they are easy.)
While cleaning up the mess, I thought I should have just used canned biscuits. And that’s when this recipe was born. I actually had to wait a couple days to try it out until I had a chance to get biscuits but I’m so glad I thought to use biscuits instead.
The only thing you have to have for this recipe is canned biscuits and a muffin tin or 2. I just reused the same muffin tin, but you could use 2 and bake them all at once. After that it’s all up to your taste and what kind you want to make. Here are the four kinds I made:
- Canned Biscuits (Grand size with 8 any)
- frozen berries
- peanut butter
- brown sugar
- cinnamon (all optional & depend on what kind you want to make)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray a muffin tin(s) with no stick spray.
- Cut your biscuits in half where they would normally break open if you cooked them. (You can cut them in half the other way but they don't stretch as easily). I used a serrated knife.
- Stretch and place in muffin tin, they will curl up the sides of the muffin cup.
- Fill with desired ingredients except for bananas or jelly if using.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Add bananas and jelly if desired and let cool for a few minutes.
For an even sweeter treat, you could add some of Jamie’s Creamy Syrup to the brown sugar-cinnamon ones (boom 5 ways!). Which flavor do you think would be your favorite?