Broccoli Bake is a great side dish! Delicious and creamy, cheesy broccoli.
Several years ago my mother-in-law asked me to bring a broccoli casserole to a family gathering. I didn’t have any recipes for one, so I started looking and found a recipe that turned out delicious after the alterations I made for what I had on hand.
This broccoli bake can be made with frozen broccoli, but I prefer fresh– you do whatever works best for you! If you prefer frozen broccoli, thaw it before following the instructions.
- 7 cups broccoli, chopped
- 1 can cream of chicken soup or 1 1/2 cups homemade cream soup
- 3/4 cup American cheese
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1 slice of bread, chopped
- 1 Tbsp melted butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large pot, cook the broccoli for about 5 minutes in salted water. You don't want it to get mushy, so don't cook it for too long-- it will finish cooking in the oven.
- Drain and set aside (feel free to put it in the 2 qt. casserole dish used for baking it).
- In the pot, combine soup, cheese, onion powder and basil, and stir over medium heat until processed cheese is melted.
- Stir in broccoli.
- Pour the mixture into 2 qt. casserole dish.
- In a small bowl, combine butter and bread.
- Spread bread crumbs over the top of the broccoli.
- Bake for 20 minutes until crumb topping is golden and the broccoli mixture is bubbly.
Keep your house warm and your belly full with more casserole recipes!
Don’t forget to pin!