Last minute simple Mother’s Day gift idea for kids to make, these Button & Pipe Cleaner Caterpillars make a cute gift.
I’ve been wanting to share this kid’s craft with you for soon and and am just finally getting the chance.
I wanted to share this easy craft before Mother’s Day as it would be a really cute craft to do with a Sunday School class, or other group of kids for their mothers. Almost the entire craft was made from leftovers from other crafts, making it a very inexpensive craft!
We stuck our caterpillars in some plants on the front porch as sort of plant buddies and I thought they looked so cute!!!
Button & Pipe Cleaner Caterpillars
What you need:
- 3 buttons: One large, One medium, One small (Or 1 large, 2 medium)
- 2 pipe cleaners
- Dry Rigatoni
- a Pencil
- Thread your pipe cleaners through the top two holes on your large button (one pipe cleaner through each hole), leaving them about 2-3 inches from one end. Take your pencil and curl that 2-3 in. end. These will be your antenna.
- From the other end, thread 2 to 3 rigatoni onto the pipe cleaners. (Thread both pipe cleaners through the rigatoni at the same time).
- Then, thread your medium button onto your pipe cleaner. Again one pipe cleaner in each hole. (If your button has four holes, use the top two again.)
- Thread 2-3 more rigatoni onto your caterpillars.
- Thread your smallest button on, again one pipe cleaner in each hole. Twist the end of your pipe cleaners together to secure everything. And you’re done.
My older two children (5 &9) took about 10 minutes to do this craft. But it’s also easy enough for preschoolers and should entertain them longer! I plan on doing this with the smaller two (2 & 4) this week, as they were gone when we did it before.
Hope you and your children enjoy!
Need other last minute Mother’s Day Ideas?
We wish all of you mothers a very happy Mother’s Day!! And everyone else have fun treating your mother, mother-in-law, or other mother figures like a queen!
Why not join us on Pinterest: Coffee With Us 3 or hangout with us on Facebook:
Check out our link parties.