Sausage and Cabbage Skillet is a one pan meal that is quick and easy. This meal has great flavor.
About a week ago on our Facebook page, I asked for ideas of what to do with all the cabbage I have. You guys had great ideas.
I definitely will be making sauerkraut. The Hardworking Husband loves it, and it’s a great way to preserve the cabbage to last the winter. Also the Granola Girl has been telling for a while that fermented foods are really good for you.
Roasted cabbage will be something I try as well. I am going to have to go back and look at the list to try all your suggestions.
One of Lucy’s friends from Texas gave me a recipe that I tried right away. I knew The Hardworking Husband would like it. I think the only way he’d like it better is if it had bacon in it. Since she only gave me directions, I am naming it Cabbage and Sausage Skillet.
It was so good, I had two helpings. I was stuffed and yet still wanted more. Every time I look at the picture of it, I want more. I will be again scrapping the meal planned for one night this week and make it again.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb smoked sausage, sliced
- 3 large Yukon gold potatoes, diced
- 1/2 large sweet onion, roughly chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp season salt or your favorite seasoning
- 3 cups cabbage, chopped
- In large skillet, heat olive oil add sausage, and cook until browned. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add potatoes & onion to skillet. Cook until potatoes are almost done. Stirring occasionally.
- Once potatoes are cooked, add sausage back to skillet. Add cabbage to skillet. Stir to combine and cover. Allow cabbage to steam. Cook until cabbage is tender but not mushy. About 15 minutes.
I used a seasoning with garlic powder in it. If your seasoning doesn't have garlic powder, I strongly suggest adding a little garlic powder.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Thank you, Joyce for such a great recipe!
Do you have any great cabbage recipes I need to try? Soon it will be squash and zucchini recipes I’m going to need.
Looking for more easy, weeknight dinner? Try these favorites of ours!