Caprese Pizza is a mashup of a Caprese Salad and Pizza. It is a delicious light pizza with tomatoes, mozzarella, ricotta and basil.
I have been on a Caprese kick lately. My basil in the greenhouse has taken off. And I am loving having it just out the back door. I have had pesto to my hearts delight. And Caprese salad is amazing with fresh basil. So I thought I would combine one of The Hardworking Husband’s favorite foods with one of mine. So I made Caprese Pizza
This pizza combines several things I make myself – ricotta, mozzarella, and pizza crust. If you are wanting to make these things yourself, you will need to start a few hours before you need them. Earlier this week, I showed you how to grow your own tomatoes. This pizza would be over the top with homegrown tomatoes.
- 1 pizza crust
- 3 Tbsp olive oil, plus more to drizzle at the end
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 6 oz grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/4 cup ricotta
- 2 Tbsp basil, sliced in ribbons.
- Preheat oven according to the directions for the pizza crust.
- Spread pizza dough out on a sheet pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together olive oil and garlic. Spread olive oil mixture on pizza crust.
- Sprinkle mozzarella over the olive oil mixture.
- Spread tomatoes around the pizza.
- Spoon ricotta on the pizza.
- Bake until pizza crust is golden brown (depends on crust but about 15 minutes).
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle basil on top.
- Slice and enjoy!
- Quellance Roller Pin, Adjustable Stainless Steel Rolling Pins with 4 Different Inch Thickness Rings and Pastry Mat for Baking Bakery Cookies Chapati Fondant Dough Pastry Pizza Pie
- The Ultimate Round Pizza Stone
- Kitchy Pizza Cutter Wheel
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Are you looking for a different kind of pizza?
Why not join us on Pinterest: Coffee With Us 3 or hangout with us on Facebook:
Check out our link parties.
Don’t forget to pin!