Caprese Pizza is a combination of a Caprese Salad and a Pizza. It is a delicious light pizza with fresh tomatoes, mozzarella, ricotta and basil.
I thought I would combine one of The Hardworking Husband’s favorite foods with one of mine this time, by making Caprese Pizza.
Earlier this week, I showed you how to grow your own tomatoes. This pizza is over the top with homegrown tomatoes.
Here are more pizza recipes you’ll love:
- 1 pizza crust
- 3 Tbsp olive oil, plus more to drizzle at the end
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 6 oz grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/4 cup ricotta
- 2 Tbsp basil, sliced in ribbons.
- Preheat oven according to the directions for the pizza crust.
- Spread pizza dough out on a sheet pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together olive oil and garlic. Spread olive oil mixture on pizza crust.
- Sprinkle mozzarella over the olive oil mixture.
- Spread tomatoes around the pizza.
- Spoon ricotta on the pizza.
- Bake until pizza crust is golden brown (depends on crust but about 15 minutes).
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle basil on top.
- Slice and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 275Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 109mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 7g
The nutritional information provided here is not guaranteed to be accurate and is provided for informational (and google) purposes only.
Why not join us on Pinterest: Coffee With Us 3 or hangout with us on Facebook:
Check out our link parties.
Don’t forget to pin!