Caprese Salad is one of my favorite summer salads. It’s a great use of all the cherry or grape tomatoes and basil from the garden. It’s light and fresh and has cheese! It’s also SO simple to make.
My favorite grocery store here in town makes it but uses parsley instead of basil. I can tell you for sure that is not good with parsley! There are many versions of caprese salad. You can also use slices of tomatoes and slices of mozzarella. I like having the little balls. But you can make it however you’d like. Also some people put balsamic vinegar in it. I like it with and without. If you add balsamic vinegar, your mozzarella will not stay the brilliant white color, but is still very tasty.
- 10 oz cherry or grape tomatoes
- 8 oz mozzarella balls, cherry size
- 10 leaves large basil
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar, optional
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Wash tomatoes and put in a medium bowl.
- Add mozzarella.
- Chop basil. Doesn't have to be very fine. Add to bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil over tomatoes and mozzarella.
- Sprinkle with salt & pepper. Stir to coat the mozzarella and tomatoes.
How is your garden doing? Do you live in the south and your garden is already done? Up here in the mountains, our gardens are really taking off!
Looking for more amazing salads?
Don’t forget to pin!