If you love fall, you’re going to love these Caramel Apple Muffins!
Lately I’ve been feeling like all I’m baking is muffins.
Maybe this isn’t such a bad thing, though. After all, muffins are portable, great for portion control, and they’re just delicious! I love that we can eat them for breakfast or a snack, and they’re loved by the whole family.
These Caramel Apple Muffins are no exception. The whole family gobbled them up!
On half of the muffins, I poured in about half the batter, then poured a spoonful of caramel in, then topped with the rest of the batter. The other half I just made like regular muffins. I think that adding that extra layer of caramel in the middle is really good, so that’s the way I wrote the instructions.
You’ll have extra caramel leftover if you follow the recipe to make caramel from my friend Michelle at The Complete Savorist. You could probably figure out how to half the caramel recipe so you don’t end up with so much left over, but I wouldn’t want to do that. Who wants to have less caramel? Just use the rest to top ice cream, to make a caramel macchiato, or to dip apples! Or do the math and half it– it’s up to you.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded apples
- Caramel Sauce, (store bought or see post for link to make your own)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, and grease or line 24 muffins cups.
- If making caramel sauce from scratch, follow the instructions to make it.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Stir until well mixed.
- In a large bowl, microwave butter until melted, stirring every 15-20 seconds.
- Once butter is melted, whisk eggs into it. Then stir in milk.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until moistened throughout.
- Fold in shredded apples.
- Pour half of the batter into muffin cups, filling about 1/3 of the way full. Spoon about 1 tsp. of caramel sauce into each muffin, then add the rest of the batter.
- Bake 18-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffins comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan.
- Drizzle more caramel sauce over the top of each muffin.
Looking for more delicious muffin recipes? We’ve got you covered!
Don’t forget to pin!