Craisin Carrot Muffins are a very filling muffin. They are a little sweet with a ton of flavor.
I worked at a guest ranch in Colorado one year. It was a great experience! I loved living there. It was far away from most everyone and we were way up in the mountains. During the summer, the ranch hosted guests for a week at a time. During the winter, guests came for the day to ride snowmobiles. During the summer, we had a one week menu that we repeated each week. One of the dinners we served was a chuck wagon meal. We had the World’s Best BBQ Pork Ribs, bbq chicken and these lovely Craisin Carrot Muffins. I absolutely love these muffins.
Craisin Carrot Muffins seems like such an odd combination, but they are perfect. The recipe uses the basic muffin recipe that I have shared before. That muffin recipe is so versatile.
While we are on the topic of guest ranches, I want to strongly encourage you to take your family on this type of vacation at least once in your life. It is so much fun!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup craisins
- 1/4 cup molasses
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Add eggs, oil, vanilla, and milk. Stir to combine.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Spray muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Pour batter into muffin pan about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20 - 30 minutes or until they spring back when you touch them.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
Don’t forget to pin!