One of the foods we had at our mom’s party was cheese balls. Apparently cheese balls are food of the 50’s. Our mom has been making cheese balls for a long time. We take them to parties and family gatherings. I am not allowed to show up to a family gathering with Handsome Husband’s family without a cheese ball. And I usually send some home with family members. They are so simple to make!
- 16 oz blocks cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 1/2 of 5 oz jar dried beef
- 6 green onions
- 1 Tbsp season salt or some other seasoning
- Chop dried beef into small pieces.
- Cut up the green part of the green onions. (I use scissors to cut them up. I also plant the bottom that's left and then just cut the green part off when I need more.)
- In your Kitchenaid mixer bowl, add all ingredients and mix using the whisk attachment. Or you could mix it with a spoon or your hand.
- After its mixed, separate it into 3 balls. Wrap each ball with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator to chill for about an hour.
- Serve with crackers.
- French Bull 6" Spreader Set of 4 - Melamine Dinnerware - Butter, Bagels, Cheese, Knife - Floral
- French Bull 13" Rectangular Platter - Melamine Dinnerware - Plate, Dish, Serving, Collection - Sus
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.