Cheese Fondue is a decadent appetizer that can be low carb if served with cauliflower, celery, broccoli or other low carb vegetables.
For the last couple years I have been planning what I am going to blog for the year in December. I like a plan and this helps my brain not be so cluttered. This year I got a lot of help from my friends. One of the suggested recipes was Cheese Fondue.
I thought this was a great way to start the year because the Super Bowl is just around the corner. I’m sure your Super Bowl parties are a lot like ours – lots of appetizers.
Most of the appetizers are full of carbs. Lucy and I are back on the keto diet and need some of our party food to be low carb. Cheese Fondue fits the bill when eaten with vegetables.
Jamie and I love to shop yard sales. I come across some interesting items from time to time. I found the fondue pot that you see in my pictures at one of those yard sales. I love this 70’s style fondue pot. And the best part is that it worked and had all the fondue forks with it.
Do you shop yard sales? What’s the best thing you’ve found? What’s the greatest deal you’ve gotten? I like to pick up Pampered Chef items at yard sales. I’ve gotten quite a few pieces of stoneware at yard sales over the years.
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 8 oz fontina cheese, shredded
- 8 oz Butterkase cheese, shredded
- 4 oz Asiago, shredded
- In a medium pan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add flour and salt. Cook until it smells nutty.
- Add nutmeg and garlic. Cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add chicken stock. Stir to combine and bring to a boil. Boil for about 5 minutes. It will thicken slightly.
- Remove from heat and add cheeses. Stir to combine and allow cheeses to melt. If needed place back on heat at low.
- Place in fondue pot.
- Enjoy with your favorite things to dip in cheese.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 132Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 317mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 8g
Don’t forget to pin!