Cheeseburger Macaroni with Stew Meat in the Instant Pot is a great way to use stew meat. Wonderfully tender meat with cheese comfort food.
Buying a portion of a cow becoming more and more common. We often end up with cuts that we aren’t sure what to do with. Stew meat is one of those cuts. You can only make stew so many times before you are tired of it.
Where does stew meat come from on the cow?
Stew meat comes from cuts of meat that have more tough connective tissue. Stew meat can be tough unless cooked long enough to break apart the connective tissue.
How do you cook stew meat to make it tender?
To make stew meat tender, it takes time. You can cook it in a slow cooker, in the oven, on the stovetop, or in a pressure cooker. For the oven or stovetop, think low and slow. The slow cooker cooks things slowly by nature. And the pressure cooker speeds the process up by cooking with steam and pressure. All of these will break down the connective tissue and make the stew meat tender.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 lbs stew meat
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 2 1/2 cups macaroni
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 cups shredded cheese
- Using the saute setting on the instant pot, brown stew meat with olive oil.
- Once meat is browned, add water, beef stock, and seasonings.
- Place lid on instant pot and set to pressure cook on high for 18 minutes. Once done, allow to naturally release.
- Add macaroni and butter. Stir to combine. Place lid back on and pressure cook for 4 minutes. Quick release when done.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir. Allow cheese to melt.
All instant pots are a little different. Yours may need a little less or a little more time.
Don’t forget to pin!