Cheesy, flavorful Cheeseburger Soup is ready in just 40 minutes. This soup recipe is a great way to sneak vegetables into a dinner your kids will love!
Cheeseburger Soup is a recipe my whole family loves. It’s filling, easy to make, and cheesy– which is always a plus in my house.
This soup recipe comes together quickly, which makes it perfect for a busy weeknight! Cheeseburger Soup can be on the table in 40 minutes, start to finish.
What to serve with Cheeseburger Soup:
We love Cheeseburger Soup with warm, fresh from the oven bread.
It’s plenty filling enough to eat on its own without any bread, though.
This cheeseburger soup recipe originally came from The Recipe Critic. I didn’t have any bacon in the house when I made it, so ours was bacon-less (shameful, I know!). I’ve since made it many times with bacon, and I can tell you that it is delicious with our without it!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 3 carrots, shredded
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cans chicken broth, (14.5 oz each)
- 4 cups peeled and diced potatoes
- 3 Tbsp butter
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cups milk
- 1/2 cup half & half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Brown ground beef. Drain and set aside.
- Saute vegetables and dried basil in 1 Tbsp. butter, until tender.
- Add broth, beef, and potatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until potatoes are tender (approximately 10 minutes).
- While potatoes are cooking, in a separate pot make a roux by melting 3 Tbsp. butter, and adding the flour. Cook and stir the roux for 3-5 minutes, until bubbly.
- Add roux to the soup and bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, and add cheese, milk, half & half, and salt and pepper. Stir until cheese is melted, then remove from heat. Stir in sour cream, and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 632Total Fat: 39gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 143mgSodium: 933mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 36g
The nutritional information provided here is not guaranteed to be accurate and is provided for informational (and google) purposes only.
Looking for more amazing soup?
Coffee With Us 3 will use the information you provide on this form to be in touch with you and to provide updates and marketing. Please let us know all the ways you would like to hear from us:
You can change your mind at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of any email you receive from us, or by contacting us at email@example.com. We will treat your information with respect. For more information about our privacy practices please visit our website. By clicking below, you agree that we may process your information in accordance with these terms.
We use Mailchimp as our marketing platform. By clicking below to subscribe, you acknowledge that your information will be transferred to Mailchimp for processing. Learn more about Mailchimp’s privacy practices here.
Linking up to Weekend Potluck.
Don’t forget to pin!