Cheesy, flavorful Cheeseburger Soup is ready in just 40 minutes, and is a great way to sneak vegetables into a dinner your kids will love!
I’ve been seeing delicious recipes for Cheeseburger Soup all over Pinterest and different link parties, lately. But honestly, until about a month ago I had never heard of Cheeseburger Soup. However, the pictures I was seeing were compelling, so I decided I should try to make some and see what all the hype was about! Plus the weather continuing to be dreary is making me feel like eating soup!
I basically used this cheeseburger soup recipe from The Recipe Critic, only I didn’t have any bacon at the house, so ours was bacon-less (shameful, I know!). It turned out really delicious and cheesy!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 3 carrots, shredded
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cans chicken broth, (14.5 oz each)
- 4 cups peeled and diced potatoes
- 3 Tbsp butter
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cups milk
- 1/2 cup half & half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Brown ground beef. Drain and set aside.
- Saute vegetables and dried basil in 1 Tbsp. butter, until tender.
- Add broth, beef, and potatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until potatoes are tender (approximately 10 minutes).
- While potatoes are cooking, in a separate pot make a roux by melting 3 Tbsp. butter, and adding the flour. Cook and stir the roux for 3-5 minutes, until bubbly.
- Add roux to the soup and bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, and add cheese, milk, half & half, and salt and pepper. Stir until cheese is melted, then remove from heat. Stir in sour cream, and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 632Total Fat: 39gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 143mgSodium: 933mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 36g
Looking for more amazing soup?
Check out our Link Parties.
Linking up to Weekend Potluck.