Cheesy, flavorful Cheeseburger Soup is ready in just 40 minutes, and is a great way to sneak vegetables into a dinner your kids will love!
I’ve been seeing delicious recipes for Cheeseburger Soup all over Pinterest and different link parties, lately. But honestly, until about a month ago I had never heard of Cheeseburger Soup. However, the pictures I was seeing were compelling, so I decided I should try to make some and see what all the hype was about! Plus the weather continuing to be dreary is making me feel like eating soup!
I basically used this cheeseburger soup recipe from The Recipe Critic, only I didn’t have any bacon at the house, so ours was bacon-less (shameful, I know!). It turned out really delicious and cheesy!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 3 carrots, shredded
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cans chicken broth, (14.5 oz each)
- 4 cups peeled and diced potatoes
- 3 Tbsp butter
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cups milk
- 1/2 cup half & half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Brown ground beef. Drain and set aside.
- Saute vegetables and dried basil in 1 Tbsp. butter, until tender.
- Add broth, beef, and potatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until potatoes are tender (approximately 10 minutes).
- While potatoes are cooking, in a separate pot make a roux by melting 3 Tbsp. butter, and adding the flour. Cook and stir the roux for 3-5 minutes, until bubbly.
- Add roux to the soup and bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, and add cheese, milk, half & half, and salt and pepper. Stir until cheese is melted, then remove from heat. Stir in sour cream, and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 632Total Fat: 39gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 143mgSodium: 933mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 36g
The nutritional information provided here is not guaranteed to be accurate and is provided for informational (and google) purposes only.
Looking for more amazing soup?
Check out our Link Parties.
Linking up to Weekend Potluck.