Cheesy Hashbrown Bites are a wonderful appetizer with cheese, bacon and potatoes. Great for an appetizer dinner or a party.
If you don’t know Lucy, Jamie or I and haven’t read our about us page, you may not know that we all live in Idaho. Yes, the state with all the potatoes.
Now if you were to say that to a Northern Idahoan, they would be irritated. They grow paper up there. Well really trees that they turn into paper. But Southern Idahoans grow potatoes and lot of them.
Many of my friends growing up grew up on potato farms. And many of my friends still grow potatoes.
Farming is a big part of life in Southern Idaho. So I could not have a Thanksgiving meal without potatoes.
I found this recipe while searching Pinterest. It ended up being easy and super yummy.
The Hardworking Husband loves potatoes, but he loves bacon even more. And these Cheesy Hashbrown Bites combine all we love – potatoes, cheese, & bacon!
- 6 slices bacon
- 20 oz frozen hashbrowns
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups Mexican style shredded cheese
- 1/4 salt
- Preheat oven to 425. Grease a mini muffin pan or line a baking sheet with foil.
- Cut bacon into small pieces using kitchen shears and cook until desired crispiness.
- In a small bowl mix together egg, sour cream, cheese and salt.
- Mix hashbrowns, sour cream mixture, and bacon together.
- Scoop a heaping Tbsp of hashbrown mixture and make a ball. Place in a mini muffin pan or place on lined baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until bites are golden brown.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Don’t forget to pin!