Chicken and Veggie Bake is a creamy and hearty casserole. It taste great and is super easy to make.
Since The Hardworking Husband doesn’t like chicken I’m always looking for chicken recipes to mix things up. Anything that has lots of flavors in it is great. I was looking around the Campbell’s Soup website and came across this recipe for Chicken and Veggie Bake.
Their recipe uses canned or precooked chicken and veggies. But I wanted fresh veggies and home cooked chicken. So my version of this recipe takes a little longer to make, but I had dinner ready in an hour. I used homemade cream of chicken condensed soup instead of the store bought.
- 1 large chicken breast
- 1 cup can cream of chicken soup or 1 Homemade Cream of Chicken Condensed Soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1 cup green beans
- 3 oz french fried onions
- Heat olive oil in a skillet on medium. Slice chicken lengthwise about 1/4 inch. Season with your choice of seasoning and cook in skillet until done. Shred.
- Boil carrots until slightly tender, steam broccoli and green beans until slightly tender.
- In a medium bowl, mix chicken, veggies, soup, milk, and 1/2 of the onions. Pour into a 2 quart casserole.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Sprinkle remaining onions on top and bake another 5-10 minutes.
As usual, I used Roasted Garlic, Rosemary & Sea Salt to season my chicken, but you can use season salt or your favorite seasoning.
- Anolon Vesta Ceramics 2-Quart Oval Au Gratin, Paprika Red
- Calphalon Contemporary Hard-Anodized Aluminum Nonstick Cookware, Omelette Fry Pan, 10-inch and 12-inch Set, Black, New Version
- The Gourmet Collection Spice Blends Roasted Garlic, Rosemary & Sea Salt
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Don’t forget to pin!