Chicken Green Bean Stuffing Casserole is a creamy, cheesy comfort food the whole family will love!
The weather keeps fluctuating between hot and cold here. It was just in the high 60s and low 70s, but today was rainy and cold. So I was feeling like some good comfort food to deal with the weather. This Chicken Green Bean Stuffing Casserole is a favorite at my house.
My kids always love to eat this Chicken Green Bean Stuffing Casserole. They inevitably clear their plates and ask for more, which makes this mama happy!
A couple of tips: This casserole turns out better with Stove Top Stuffing than with Mrs. Cubbison’s. I haven’t tried making it with any other stuffing mixes. Also, it’s important to note that due to the fact that this is made with sour cream instead of a can of creamed soup, the texture of the sauce will be a bit grainier. If you’d rather make it with a creamed soup, substitute a can for the sour cream. Or make your own (quick & easy) creamed soup as a substitution. We like it just fine the way it is, but I understand some people are very used to the texture creamed soups contribute to a casserole.
- 1 package of stuffing
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 chicken breasts, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 2 cans of green beans, drained
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare stuffing according to directions on the box. Set aside.
- In a 9x13 pan, stir together sour cream and milk.
- Add the chicken, green beans, and cheddar cheese, and stir until mixed thoroughly.
- Top with stuffing.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until stuffing is golden and chicken is cooked through.
**Please see important notes in the paragraphs prior to the recipe.
If you don’t want to use a boxed stuffing mix, we’ve got a stuffing recipe that you can substitute! Kerry has a cornbread stuffing recipe that I’m sure would taste delicious with this!
What’s your favorite comfort food?
Don’t forget to pin!