Chicken Pepperoni Pizza Panini is a delicious sandwich that tastes like a pizza and a grilled cheese sandwich combined.
When making my menu each month, I like to throw in some new recipes. Some are hits and some aren’t so much and we just don’t make those again. The Hardworking Husband doesn’t like chicken, but I make him eat it anyway at least once a week. Last month, we tried out Chicken Pepperoni Pizza Panini. I absolutely loved it. And The Hardworking Husband liked it too.
I have been finding seasoning I love at TJ Maxx. I almost hate to tell you about it because there will be less for me. But it is too good not to share. They do have the seasoning on Amazon, but it is much less expensive at TJ Maxx. But I’ll share the link to the seasoning on Amazon so you can see what I am talking about. This is the seasoning I used on the chicken for these panini. They also have other flavors of seasoning, but this one is my favorite.
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Season salt to taste, or seasoning of your choosing
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- slices Pepperoni
- 2 Tbsp marinara
- 4 slices mozzarella
- 1 Tbsp parmesan, shredded
- 1/2 cup marinara for dipping.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil.
- Slice chicken breast into thin slices. Sprinkle with seasoning.
- Cook in skillet until cooked through, but don't over cook. Overcooking will make them dry.
- Heat panini press.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread. Place the buttered side of two slices together while assembling sandwiches. Do that for both sandwiches.
- Place half of the chicken on bread on each sandwich.
- Spread half of the marinara over the chicken on each.
- Place 2 slices of mozzarella on each sandwich.
- And finally sprinkle parmesan over each sandwich.
- Separate the two slices of bread and place the buttered side down on the panini press and place the other slice on top buttered side up.
- Press down slightly on panini press. Allow bread to toast and cheese to melt.
- In a small sauce pan, heat 1/2 cup of marinara. Once hot, pour into ramekin or small bowl for dipping your panini.
- Once panini is toasted and cheese has melted, slice.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Don’t forget to pin!