Stew Meat Chile Colorado Burritos are a delicious use of stew meat and easy to make. Because the meat cooks in the crockpot, they are a great busy day meal.
I have been on a mission to use all of our half of beef that we bought a while back. I would like to do this before I buy too much more. We went through the ground beef before anything else. But we still have a few stragglers of cuts.
Stew meat is one of those. I thought I would use it up quickly too, but I still seem to have a bunch of packages of it. I was so happy to find this recipe for Stew Meat Chile Colorado Burrito that uses stew meat.
I have been on a Mexican food kick lately too. We have had nachos, homemade taco supreme, and chile colorado burrito in a very short time.
The stew meat chile colorado burrito is a great meal for when you don’t have a lot of time to prep dinner. It can be made in a crockpot or a dutch oven.
Looking for more Stew Meat recipes? We’ve got you covered.
- 1.5 - 2 lbs beef stew meat
- 1 - 19 oz can enchilada sauce, red
- Refried beans
- Burrito size tortillas
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Place stew meat and enchilada sauce in a crock pot. Turn on low and cook for 6-8 hours until meat is falling apart.
- Heat refried beans in a pan on the stove.
- Turn oven on to broil.
- Take a tortilla and place about a 1/2 cup of meat drained. (Reserve sauce)
- Add a couple spoonfuls of refried beans and roll up as a burrito.
- Place in a 9x13 pan.
- Repeat until you have used all the meat.
- Pour remaining sauce over the top.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Broil until cheese is melted.
You can cook the meat in a dutch oven also. 325 in the oven for about 4 hours.
We made our burritos big so we only got 3 out of the 1.5 lbs of meat.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 623Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 234mgSodium: 1328mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 5gSugar: 7gProtein: 82g
Why not join us on Pinterest: Coffee With Us 3 or hangout with us on Facebook:
Don’t forget to pin!