Chinese Chicken Salad is a delicious crunchy meal. It’s not too heavy yet filling. It’s perfect for a spring lunch, and it makes enough to share with everyone.
Chinese Chicken Salad is one of recipes that everybody has a different recipe for. This one is mine. I have nicknamed it Chewy Chicken Salad. I love this salad for three reasons. First, it makes a ton and is perfect for a party or to take to a potluck.
Second, it is a great use for cabbage. In the fall, I have an abundance of cabbage from the garden. This is a delicious way to use some of it. I also like making my Sausage & Cabbage Skillet with the cabbage.
And thirdly, it is perfect for those days when it’s just too hot to eat. It is a light meal. While it’s filling, it isn’t heavy like the meals you want in the winter. Another great light meal is Chicken BLT Taco Salad.
Many other Chinese Chicken Salad recipes call for the seasoning packet from the ramen noodles. I don’t use it. The sodium in that packet is so high and with the sesame oil this salad has plenty of flavor without the seasoning packet.
This salad would be beautifully served in these Every Day Bowls from East Fork.
Are you wanting a different salad? Here are some other options.
- 1 medium head of cabbage, chopped, about 2 lbs
- 3 packages ramen noodles, crushed and throw away season packet
- 2 - 12.5 oz cans chicken breast
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- Add cabbage, ramen noodles, chicken to a large bowl. Toss together and set aside.
- In a skillet, add 1/3 cup olive oil, 1/4 tsp sesame oil, almonds, and sesame seeds. Cook until light brown. Stir frequently.
- Remove from pan into a bowl and set aside.
- Add remaining olive oil, sesame oil, sugar, and soy sauce to a pint canning jar and shake until mixed.
- Add almond mixture to cabbage mixture. Pour dressing over cabbage mixture. Toss until combined.
You can add 1 cup shredded carrots also to add color.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Don’t forget to pin!