So this post should be my goal post for August since this is my last post of August. But making it didn’t go as planned. Some things came up and I didn’t get a chance to even try it. So I will write about it next week and just double up in September. I had to do this last September also. August must be a busy month for me. So instead I’m going to share my recipe for Chinese Chicken Salad. It’s just so yummy and a great use of all the cabbage I have.
While I was away last week, I took a couple recipes and came up with my own. I read several recipes and ours friends we were staying with had one as well. There were things of two recipes that I liked and some things I didn’t. One thing I didn’t like was using the season packet from the ramen noodles because the sodium in it generally sends my blood pressure pretty high. So here is what I came up with.
- 1 medium head of cabbage, chopped, about 2 lbs
- 3 packages ramen noodles, crushed and throw away season packet
- 2 - 12.5 oz cans chicken breast
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- Add cabbage, ramen noodles, chicken to a large bowl. Toss together and set aside.
- In a skillet, add 1/3 cup olive oil, 1/4 tsp sesame oil, almonds, and sesame seeds. Cook until light brown. Stir frequently.
- Remove from pan into a bowl and set aside.
- Add remaining olive oil, sesame oil, sugar, and soy sauce to a pint canning jar and shake until mixed.
- Add almond mixture to cabbage mixture. Pour dressing over cabbage mixture. Toss until combined.
You can add 1 cup shredded carrots also to add color.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Don’t forget to pin!