Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake Muffins: Chocolate muffins with chunks of fresh cherries throughout, stuffed with a creamy cheesecake layer. This homemade muffin recipe is perfect for busy breakfasts and snacks!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Dunkin’ Donuts. The opinions and text are all mine.
#MakeItExtra #AmericaRunsOnDunkin @DunkinDonuts
Between living in the country with chickens, cows, cats, and a dog and homeschooling 3 kids, life can tend to be pretty busy at my house. I’m sure some of your can relate to that.
Every morning there are animals and kids to be watered and fed (though the kids can water themselves!) and I’m honestly not much of a morning person. Because of this, I can’t make it through my morning without a good strong cup of coffee with my breakfast.
Another part of our country life is that we’re working on eating less processed food, and more real foods, which means that the traditional coffee creamers are definitely not something we indulge in.
In my hunt for a creamer that I could feel good about adding in my coffee, I found Dunkin’ Donuts Extra Extra creamer, which is made with real cream and real sugar. It’s available in Extra Extra (which is just a regular sweetened creamer, but creamier), Vanilla Extra Extra, and Caramel Extra Extra. Find out where you can get Dunkin’ Donuts Extra Extra creamer using this product locator.
One of my family’s favorite breakfasts is homemade muffins. We love trying new combinations of flavors to mix things up, like these Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake Muffins. Muffins are a great breakfast while we work on our schoolwork for the day.
The flavor of Dunkin’ Donuts Extra Extra creamer was so delicious that I decided to add it to these muffins when I made them. Any of the Dunkin’ Donuts Extra Extra creamers will work great for this, but I used the regular Extra Extra.
These Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake Muffins turned out to be so delicious! The kids loved them, and they went perfectly with my coffee with Dunkin’ Donuts Extra Extra creamer!
For the Cream Cheese Layer:
- 8 oz. cream cheese,, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
For the Muffins:
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream or greek yogurt,, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Dunkin’ Donuts Extra Extra creamer
- 1 cup cherries,, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a muffin pan by greasing the muffin cups or lining them.
- Beat together ingredients for the cream cheese layer, using either a stand mixer or electric beaters. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, cocoa and soda.
- In a small bowl, whisk together sour cream, oil, egg, and creamer.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients, and pour the wet ingredients into the middle. Stir until incorporated.
- Fold in cherries.
- In prepared muffin tin, put 1 Tablespoon of the chocolate muffin mix into each muffin cup. Spoon in 1 Tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture, and cover that with another Tablespoon of the muffin mix.
- Bake for 18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin in the middle of the pan comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
What gives you the boost to make it through your busy days?
Looking for other muffin recipes?
Comments submitted may be displayed on other websites owned by the sponsoring brand.
This is a sponsored post. All opinions are my own.