Chocolate Cobbler is an amazing chocolate dessert that easy to make and is perfect for a dessert to take to a get together. Grab a carton of vanilla ice cream and you will impress your friends.
I have been to so many things lately that I need to take food. I’ve been trying to take things I’ve never made but sometimes I’m trying to figure it out fairly last minute. A few weeks ago, I needed a dessert and quick (well within an hour). I did a search and came across Chocolate Cobbler. That sounded amazing!
After reading the ingredients and directions, I was intrigued. I had never heard of a dessert that is put together quite like this. It begins with a brownie type batter. But this has no eggs. And then you top it with a mixture of sugar and cocoa powder and then hot water. What!?! So strange. But after making it, it just works. And tastes amazing! This dessert can be ready in less than an hour. Grab some ice cream and you can be out the door for whatever gathering you have.
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups HOT water
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease 8"x8" pan.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, cocoa powder, and sugar.
- Add milk, butter, and vanilla.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Mix together sugar topping minus the water.
- Sprinkle evenly over the top of the batter.
- Pour water over sugar mixture, but DO NOT STIR.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until center is set.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Enjoy with ice cream.
Don’t forget to pin!