Chocolate Dipped Raspberry S’mores are a decadent treat that is super easy to make. They are perfect impressing your friends. They look like they took hours and they taste amazing!
I was discussing with a group of friends what is their favorite flavor of marshmallows. I will be posting a Hot Cocoa Bar in a few weeks, and I wanted a marshmallow to go with the Hot Cocoa. We discussed flavors and shapes.
One of my friends, the Salted Peach, sent me a list of flavor pairings for s’mores to see if that would help with my marshmallows. I was inspired by that flavor pairing to create these Chocolate Dipped Raspberry S’mores.
I decided to make them for a party we were having for a class I’ve been attending. I snapped a quick picture of them on the pan while the chocolate hardened. My friends on Facebook went nuts. And everyone in the class loved them. Apparently they are a hit. I came home with an empty plate.
A couple things before we get to the recipe. First these require you to make your own marshmallows. However, this is super simple. Hop over to my post that tells you how to make Homemade Marshmallows.
Secondly, the cookie/cracker part of the s’more is vanilla pizzelles. I bought mine at TJ Maxx. You can also get them on Amazon. If you are so inclined, you can also get a pizelle maker at Amazon as well. I’ve been considering it. I have some ideas for using pizzelles in the future.
- 1 batch of Homemade Marshmallows
- 28 pizzelles
- 1 jar of raspberry jam
- 12 oz dipping chocolate
- When making the marshmallows, spread them out on a half sheet pan (18"x13").
- Line a sheet pan or two with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small sauce pan, melt chocolate according to package instructions. I used 24 oz so that it dipped easier, but had a lot left over.
- Using a biscuit cutter that is about the same size as the pizzelles, cut out 14 marshmallows.
- Spread raspberry jam on one side of the marshmallow. Place one pizzelle on top of the raspberry jam. Spread jam on the other side of the marshmallow and place another pizzelle on that side. Repeat until you have used all the marshmallows and pizzelles.
- Dip half of each s'more in the melted chocolate. Allow excess chocolate to drip off. Place parchment lined sheet pan. Repeat with the remaining s'mores.
- Allow chocolate to harden and Enjoy.
What would be your favorite drink to pair these with?
Don’t forget to pin!