Sweet, delicious Chocolate Drop Cookies. The perfect, classic cookie recipe.
What is the difference between drop cookies and cut out cookies?
Cut out cookies require rolling out dough and using cookie cutters to cut out shapes. Drop cookies are dropped onto the tray by the spoonful. While they both may require cooling time, the finished products turn out much differently.
What goes well with Chocolate Drop Cookies?
Chocolate drop cookies are delicious dunked in coffee. They also pair well with frosting in a variety of flavors, from Latte Buttercream, to strawberry, to peppermint cream cheese frosting, to caramel frosting, and everything in between.
Love cookies? We do, too!
- 4 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- In a large bowl, microwave baking chocolate until melted.
- Add the sugar, oil, egg, and peppermint extract, and stir until combined.
- Stir in the dry ingredients.
- Refrigerate several hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350º and cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Using an ice cream scoop (or 2 Tablespoons), create balls of the chocolate dough. Roll ball between your hands to round, and place on prepared cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, or until cookie does not retain an indentation if touched.
- Cool on a wire rack.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 93Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 51mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 1g
Linking up to Weekend Potluck.
Don’t forget to pin!