Yummy chocolate muffins loaded with chocolate chips & nuts.
I love muffins! I’ve been a little muffin happy lately, baking up some blueberry muffins and my new Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Muffins. And while I really enjoyed both of these muffins, I was really craving some chocolate ones. Preferably chocolate ones, loaded with pecans!! So I baked up a batch of these muffins. They weren’t chunky enough for me the first time, so I can to adjust the recipe and add in more chocolate chips and pecans. You can use any nut you like, I just love to use pecans in baking!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 oz semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans or other nut of your choice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray muffin pan with no stick spray or line with cupcake liners.
- Combine dry ingredients (first four) and set aside.
- Melt 3 oz semisweet chocolate and butter in microwave (heat about 30 seconds). Stir.
- Combine chocolate mixture, eggs, vanilla, and milk. Stir.
- Add in dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips and nuts. Pour into prepared cups until each cup is about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Makes about 18 muffins.
These were delicious! With just the right amount of chocolate, chocolate chips & nutty crunch. I will be making these again soon!
Looking for more great muffin recipes? Then check out these great and easy muffin recipes.
‘); // ]]>