These Copycat Crumbl Sugar Cookies are just as good as the real thing! These are the most delicious, cakey soft sugar cookies!
If you’ve ever had Crumbl sugar cookies, you know that they are absolutely delicious. After having one for the first time, I started trying to find a good copycat recipe so I could make them at home.
I tried at least 5 different recipes that claimed to be just like the real thing, but none of them lived up to the hype until I found this recipe from Cooking with Karli. This recipe is just like Crumbl sugar cookies.
Making these Crumbl sugar cookies at home will save you so much money! You can make a dozen cookies for about the same price that one cookie from Crumbl costs. You can also make them much smaller if you want to, so you’re less tempted to eat such a huge cookie.
If soft sugar cookies aren’t your favorite, we’ve also got an amazing recipe for crispy sugar cookies!
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
For the Frosting
- 1/2 cup salted butter softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1-3 tbsp milk
- Pink food coloring (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350º, and line 2 cookies sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream together butter and sugar in a stand mixer or large bowl, scraping periodically.
- Add eggs, vanilla, and almond extract, and beat on high until light and fluffy (about 1 minute). Scrape bowl.
- Add the flour and baking soda, and turn on stand mixer to low (so you don't end up with flour everywhere). Once flour is wetted, you can turn it up a little, until fully combined.
- For Crumbl-sized sugar cookies, roll 1/4 cup balls of dough between your hands. (For smaller cookies, I find that an ice cream scoop works well.)
- Place cookies on baking sheet, and flatten slightly with the palm of your hand, or the bottom of a cup.
- Bake Crumbl-sized cookies 9-11 minutes, until they lose their sheen and stop looking glossy. For small cookies, bake 6-8 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for several minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- Make the frosting by creaming the butter until smooth.
- Add one cup of powdered sugar, and beat until smooth.
- Add the almond extract and one tablespoon of milk, and beat until smooth.
- Alternating, add powder sugar one cup at a time and remaining milk one tablespoon at a time, until frosting is smooth and creamy. **You may not need the last tablespoon of milk if the consistency is already correct.
- Frost cookies. Crumbl serves their sugar cookies chilled, so refrigerate if you want them the same. We actually prefer them at room temperature.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
KitchenAid 6500 Series Candy Apple Red Stand Mixer with Glass Bowl, 6 qt.
New Star Foodservice Commercial-Grade Aluminum Sheet Pan 15" L x 21" W x 1" H
Reynolds Parchment Paper - 3 Boxes
Sistema KLIP IT Utility Collection Bakery Box Food Storage Container, 118.0 oz./3.5 L, Clear/Blue
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 505Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 92mgSodium: 279mgCarbohydrates: 69gFiber: 1gSugar: 44gProtein: 5g
The nutritional information provided here is not guaranteed to be accurate and is provided for informational (and google) purposes only.
Coffee With Us 3 will use the information you provide on this form to be in touch with you and to provide updates and marketing. Please let us know all the ways you would like to hear from us:
You can change your mind at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of any email you receive from us, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will treat your information with respect. For more information about our privacy practices please visit our website. By clicking below, you agree that we may process your information in accordance with these terms.
We use Mailchimp as our marketing platform. By clicking below to subscribe, you acknowledge that your information will be transferred to Mailchimp for processing. Learn more about Mailchimp’s privacy practices here.
Don’t forget to pin!