* This post is part of our May Top 5. Check out the rest of the Top 5. *
I have been a bit of an adventurer in the sense that I have lived in 7 states and have had some very different jobs. After college, I worked at a homeless shelter. I have also worked at a conference center, a dude ranch, as Realtor’s assistant and a college computer lab instructor. I have learned all kinds of things at each of these jobs and in each of these places. While working at the dude ranch, I picked up several recipes including an amazing BBQ pork ribs recipe I will be sharing in a couple weeks. The one I would like to share with you today is Cowboy Cookies. They are amped up chocolate chip cookies.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup shortening (do not substitute anything for this)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour*
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream shortening and sugars in a mixer.
- Add vanilla & eggs and mix.
- Add soda & salt, mix.
- Slowly mix in flour.
- Add all chocolate chips and pecans at once. Once you have added the chips, mix as little as possible. Mixing will break up the chips and turn the dough dark which you do not want. I often hand mix the chips in.
- Make golf ball sized balls and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for about 12 minutes until the cookies begin to turn light brown.
- Remove from pan and cool on a cooling rack.
- KitchenAid 6 Qt. Professional 600 Series Bowl-Lift Stand Mixer - Nickel Pearl
- Winware Commercial Half-Size Sheet Pans, Set of 2 (13-Inch x 18-Inch, Aluminum)
- Wilton Excelle Elite 3-Tier Cooling Rack for Cookies, Cakes and More
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 211 Total Fat: 12g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 19mg Sodium: 135mg Carbohydrates: 23g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 15g Protein: 2g
Need more cookies? Check out A Month of Cookies – 31 Cookie Recipes.
Don’t forget to pin!