I’m going to be completely honest here and tell I don’t really like salad. Even when I’m trying to eat healthy or lose weight, I just don’t want to eat salad. I get so bored with salads. In the summer, it’s not as bad as there is always new and fresh vegetables to add to the salad or even fruit, like I did in my Berry Salad. But in the winter, one can only eat so much lettuce, cucumbers and tomatoes before you just can’t enjoy it anymore!!
But if I change salads up a little bit, I’m much more willing to eat them. And this one was good! And it’s so pretty, that you can even serve it at a dinner party. In fact, I first made this to take to Christmas dinner as a lighter option to all those heavy sides. I’m listing the ingredients to make an individual Craisins Green Salad but just add more of everything if you are making for your whole family or guests.
- 3 cups Salad Greens of your choice
- 1/4 cup Diced Cucumbers
- 1/4 cup Carrot Shreds or thinly sliced carrots
- 1/4 cup red onion slices
- 5 cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1-2 Tablespoon Craisins according to taste
- 2 teaspoon chopped pecans
- 2 Tablespoon Parmesan Cheese
- Tablespoon Vinaigrette of your choice I used raspberry, to taste (I only used about a )
- 4-5 stripes grilled chicken optional
- Wash and dry lettuce, then rip into bite size pieces.
- Add all your vegetable to the bed of lettuce. Then add cold grilled chicken and top with craisins, pecans, and cheese.
- Drizzle with Vinaigrette and Enjoy!
I love the pop of color the craisins add and the flavor they add plus the crunch the of the pecans. Seriously, if you need a easy, yummy lunch try this out. Add some grilled chicken or leftover shredded turkey and you have a filling & tasty lunch!
Do you enjoy salads? What’s your favorite add on to salad? I’d love some new ones to try.
Coffee With Us 3 or hangout with us on Facebook:
Check out our link parties.