Sweet and tropical Crockpot Pina Colada Cake is a delicious dessert made in your slow cooker!
I’ve recently discovered the fun of making desserts in my Crockpot. I love that Crockpot desserts are really hands off, and typically take about 2 hours. This is perfect for getting dessert cooked while I’m cooking dinner. By the time we eat dinner, the desserts are ready.
I found this recipe on The Magical Slow Cooker. If you are a slow cooker lover, you’ve got to check out her site. It’s packed full of amazing Crockpot recipes!
This Crockpot Pina Colada cake combines the tropical flavors of coconut and pineapple. It’s summer in cake form!
What is a spoon cake?
This is a spoon cake. A spoon cake is a cake that can’t be sliced, but has to be spooned out, hence the name. Spoon cakes tend to be more moist and gooey than regular cakes.
What CrockPot should I make this in?
I recommend making this Crockpot Pina Colada cake in a 6 quart slow cooker like this one. If you’ve joined team Instant Pot, you can make this in your 6 quart Instant Pot instead, just use the slow cooker function.
CrockPot Pina Colada Cake Ingredients
- Yellow Cake Mix
- Canned Pineapple (the original recipe calls for crushed pineapple, but I used pineapple chunks so the non-pineapple loving individuals in my family could easily pick them out)
- Shredded Coconut
- Powdered Sugar
For the Cake
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 1 C. water
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 C. butter, melted
- 20 oz. can pineapple
- 1 C. shredded coconut
- 1/4 C. pecans, chopped
For the glaze
- 1 1/2 C. powdered sugar
- 1/4 C. butter, melted
- 1/2 C. shredded coconut
- 1/4 C. pecans, chopped
- Drain pineapple, reserving the liquid for the glaze.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all cake ingredients. Stir.
- Spray or grease a 6 quart Crockpot. Pour the cake batter mixture in.
- Put the lid on, and cook on high for 2 hours. DO NOT LIFT LID DURING THIS TIME!
- After 2 hours is up, turn off the Crockpot.
- Combine the glaze ingredients in a small bowl, and pour over the cake. Put lid back on for 5 minutes, then serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 442Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 77mgSodium: 459mgCarbohydrates: 63gFiber: 3gSugar: 42gProtein: 4g
The nutritional information provided here is not guaranteed to be accurate and is provided for informational (and google) purposes only.
Don’t forget to pin!