Croissant Sausage Squares is a great recipe for a brunch or a party. Super simple to make and wonderful to share.
For Thanksgiving this year, The Hardworking Husband and I are staying home and no one is coming over. It is wonderful. While we love our families, we need a break. By the time Thanksgiving gets here, I will have been to Denver 6 times, Texas once, and Yellowstone 6 times. We also have worked hard this year. We are looking forward to a low key day of watching football.
I will not be cooking a big meal. Neither of us are huge turkey fans. But I do want food. So I’m going to do snacks – basically appetizers. So between now and New Years I am going to share those appetizers. We are even doing breakfast as appetizers. So I’m going to start with that – breakfast. Croissant Sausage Squares can be made with crescent rolls if you don’t have the time to spend to make croissant dough. All of the ingredients in these (croissants, breakfast sausage, & cream cheese) are things I have made myself and you can do that as well. But since I’m being lazy I will and did buy them.
- 1 batch of croissant dough or 2 tubes of crescent rolls
- 1 lb pork breakfast sausage, country
- 8 oz cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Brown sausage until thoroughly cooked.
- Add cream cheese and continue to cook until well mixed in.
- If using croissant dough, Roll it to 24 x 7. Cut in half lengthwise. Place half on a sheet pan.
- If using crescent rolls, roll out one tube and pinch seams together.
- Pour sausage mixture on the dough leaving about 1/2" on all the sides.
- Place other half or other tube of dough on top. Pinch the edges together.
- Bake for 13 - 15 minutes until croissant/crescent dough is golden brown.
- Remove from oven, slice and enjoy.
- New Star Foodservice Commercial 18-Gauge Aluminum Sheet Pan
- Adjustable Rolling Pin with Thickness Rings Guides
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Don’t forget to pin!