This is the best zucchini recipe you’ll ever have! Decadent Zucchini Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting.
These delicious bars turn out so moist and they are melt-in-your-mouth amazing. My kids love them. And if it weren’t for the green flecks you wouldn’t even know they had veggies in them. So if your kids hate vegetables, consider peeling the zucchini first (even though that loses the best nutrients) before shredding and just tell them this is cake. Unless they have super taste buds they’ll believe you.
In fact, I made this for a BBQ, and my friend’s grandson hates zucchini. He ate at least 4 zucchini bars, because none of us told him they were made with zucchini. He loved it!
- 3 eggs
- 2 C sugar
- 1 C vegetable oil
- 2 C grated zucchini
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 C flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/4 C butter,, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 1/2 - 3 C powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 11x15 pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together eggs, sugar, oil, zucchini and vanilla.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Pour in greased pan and bake 20-25 minutes, until top is golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely before frosting.
For the Frosting
- Beat butter, vanilla and cream cheese together.
- Gradually add powdered sugar until desired thickness. This turns out a bit more gooey than normal cream cheese frosting, but since the cake is so moist that seems to make it easier to spread on than a thicker frosting would be.
Linking up at Tuesdays at our Home and
This recipe was featured at: