Homemade Peanut Butter is super easy to make and so delicious. Making peanut butter yourself is a great way to know exactly what you are eating.
There are so many food items that we buy out of convenience that are actually really easy to make. Peanut butter is one of those items. And as Americans, many of us have switched to natural peanut butter. It’s more expensive to buy pre-made natural peanut butter. DIY peanut butter is all natural, less expensive than buying natural peanut butter, and super easy to make. Using a food processor, it will do all the work for you.
Peanuts are a great source of protein and energy. And of course most kids love it. I made this peanut butter when I was with Lucy & Jamie. Their kids had mixed reviews. But I fed it to Lucy’s kids later on crackers and they liked it. It gets warm when you are making it and I think that’s what they didn’t like about it. After being refrigerated, they liked it. The Hardworking Husband likes chunky peanut butter and that would be easy to do. After making the peanut butter, mix in some chopped peanuts.
So DIY Peanut butter requires 1 ingredient. Yes, only 1.
- 2 cups dry roasted unsalted peanuts
- Toss the peanuts in your food processor. Turn it on and let it go.
- After it clumps together, you may want to spread it out a little. Then turn it back on.
- The peanut butter will get warm. This will help it get creamy. Just keep going until it's the consistency you want.
- Remove from food processor.
- Place in a air tight container and refrigerate.
- Use as you would any other peanut butter.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
One tip: A spoonful of peanut butter will take the hiccups away.
This post is part of our Outside the Box Mondays series. Check out the series for more awesome ways to save money and/or make homemade.
Don’t forget to pin!