Dutch Oven Pork Roast is an easy yet delicious dinner. This roast tastes amazing and smells amazing while cooking.
We have had a great holiday break. I did a bunch of brain storming and I have some great ideas for a new year. I felt like I was starting to drag.
But I am now refreshed and ready to bring you some great recipes, gardening posts, and a new series. I will explain more in a post later this month.
First, I have two recipes for my menu for this month. Both these recipes go right along with the new series I’m starting. The first recipe I’m sharing with you is Dutch Oven Pork Roast.
The roast turned out very delicious and juicy. And the gravy was the best I’ve ever made. It got high reviews from The Hardworking Husband.
- 3 lb pork shoulder or butt
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 325. In a dutch oven, heat olive oil on stovetop.
- In a small bowl, mix together all dry ingredients. This is your rub for the pork roast.
- Rub (or pat onto) entire roast with mixture.
- Place in the hot olive oil. Turn to sear each side. Entire roast should be seared including ends.
- Combine chicken stock, lemon juice and soy sauce.
- Pour over roast.
- Cover and place in oven. Cook for 2 hours or until roast is tender.
- Remove roast, allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Cut and serve.
The juice left behind can be used for making gravy. Place dutch oven back on burner and turn heat to medium. In a small bowl mix together 2 Tbsp cornstarch and 2 Tbsp cold water. Once cornstarch is dissolved add to dutch oven. Mix and cook until thickened. You can add more cornstarch as needed, just dissolve in cold water before adding to gravy.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 740Total Fat: 54gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 31gCholesterol: 207mgSodium: 758mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 56g
The nutritional information provided here is not guaranteed to be accurate and is provided for informational (and google) purposes only.
Don’t forget to pin!